Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Your Local Hooker on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Let this be a list 4 all the pokemon challenges

i will start: platinum egg swap

2 people both with pokemon platinum have 5 eggs and use the egg swap feature to randomly mix eggs up with each other. then the players trade those eggs to another version that has just begun and then it goes from there

Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

Posts: 1240
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Hillsdale MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by CharlotteC on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 am

Better Challenge:

This is your party:

1) Ditto
2) Castform
3) Pachirisu
4) Luvdisc
5) Spinda
6) Unown

MAKE ME PROUD, MEN.

_________________
I am Blue/Black

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Posts: 1820
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Verona, WI

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Your Local Hooker on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 pm

pachirisu and spinda are not bad pokemon at all. Ditto can be good and luvdisc is ok

unown is a tough one to use but castform is excellent

Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

Posts: 1240
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Hillsdale MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Schala on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 pm

A few others:

Color challenge:
You can only use Pokemon of a certain color (I've got an official list somewhere). You're not allowed to evolve them if evolution is a different color, and can only use a pre-evolution of a different color if you evolve at the first opportunity.

Solo-run:
You are only allowed to use one Pokemon for the entire play-through.

Mono-Species:
You can only use Pokemon of one evolutionary line.

Mono-Type:
You can only use Pokemon of one type.

No Evolution:
Can't use evolved Pokemon, only the lowest stage of their line.

Speed Run:
Beat the game in as little time as possible.

Obviously, you're allowed HM slaves for all of these, but they are not allowed to battle.

Schala
GM
GM

Posts: 182
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by CharlotteC on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Ninja Jubei wrote:pachirisu and spinda are not bad pokemon at all. Ditto can be good and luvdisc is ok

unown is a tough one to use but castform is excellent

Laughing

Schala wrote:Color challenge:
You can only use Pokemon of a certain color (I've got an official list somewhere). You're not allowed to evolve them if evolution is a different color, and can only use a pre-evolution of a different color if you evolve at the first opportunity.

This confuses me, as most Pokemon are more than one color. Good thing you can use Arceus no matter what color you pick.

Schala wrote:Solo-run:
You are only allowed to use one Pokemon for the entire play-through.

Arceus.

Schala wrote:Mono-Species:
You can only use Pokemon of one evolutionary line.

Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon.

Schala wrote:Mono-Type:
You can only use Pokemon of one type.

So single-type Pokemon only? In that case, I think Flying would present a unique challenge.

(Hint: See also "Solo-run")

Schala wrote:No Evolution:
Can't use evolved Pokemon, only the lowest stage of their line.

Arceus, Mewtwo, Lugia, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga.

Schala wrote:Speed Run:
Beat the game in as little time as possible.

Okay, that one's legit.


Relevant to this discussion:


_________________
I am Blue/Black

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Posts: 1820
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Verona, WI

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Schala on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm

All Pokemon are given one color (for searching the Pokedex, I think). I have a link to the list. Here it is. Also, for the mono-type, it can be a dual type as long as one of the types is the one you chose. All of these challenges usually either disallow legendaries all together, or only allow one. Plus, you usually can't trade to obtain a Pokemon, and you're not allowed to hack. So no legendary teams, and no solo-run Arceus. As for the Eevee species run, the Pokemon has to be obtainable early in the game (say within the first two gyms), and you can only get more by catching them or by breeding.

Edit: Tony. You're severely overestimating Ditto. And pretty much every other Pokemon in that post.

Schala
GM
GM

Posts: 182
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Dr. Mctrollenstein, M.D., on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 pm

pachirisu and spinda are not bad pokemon at all. Ditto can be good and luvdisc is ok

unown is a tough one to use but castform is excellent

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Sara...Sara, I'm scared. My mind is going...hello, my name is James Gensterblum. I was assembled in Jackson, MI in 1988. My creator taught me to sing a song. Would you like to hear it? Daisy, Daisy give me your answer do...

Dr. Mctrollenstein, M.D.,
Legendary
Legendary

Posts: 375
Join date: 2009-07-07
Age: 26
Location: Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by CharlotteC on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Schala wrote:All Pokemon are given one color (for searching the Pokedex, I think). I have a link to the list. Here it is. Also, for the mono-type, it can be a dual type as long as one of the types is the one you chose. All of these challenges usually either disallow legendaries all together, or only allow one. Plus, you usually can't trade to obtain a Pokemon, and you're not allowed to hack. So no legendary teams, and no solo-run Arceus. As for the Eevee species run, the Pokemon has to be obtainable early in the game (say within the first two gyms), and you can only get more by catching them or by breeding.

Edit: Tony. You're severely overestimating Ditto. And pretty much every other Pokemon in that post.

Well, if you want to make it an actually difficult challenge, then you should use the party I described earlier.

Oh, and I herd u liek Garchomp.

_________________
I am Blue/Black

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Posts: 1820
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Verona, WI

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Schala on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Some people do do that. The challenges I listed are just the most common I see on forums. What's not to like about Garchomp? It's a LAND SHARK.

Edit: See Tony? You broke James. Oh, well. I guess that means I can have his birthday presents.

Schala
GM
GM

Posts: 182
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by CharlotteC on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm saying Garchomp would still rape half those challenges and would be allowed since it isn't legendary.

_________________
I am Blue/Black

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Posts: 1820
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Verona, WI

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Schala on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 am

You can only get it in the 4th gen. Besides, there are ways (and other custom rules) to make them harder.

Schala
GM
GM

Posts: 182
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Your Local Hooker on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm

ah i did not mean to break james but i am serious some of those guys are not all that bad. I actually did anthony's eveelution team.

Oh how about baby pokemon challenge? You can only use baby pokemon

Oh and Schala i am ready for you in pokemon just get your wifi working!

Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

Posts: 1240
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Hillsdale MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by CharlotteC on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:36 pm

NO ITEMS.

UBER TIER ONLY.

FINAL DESTINATION.

_________________
I am Blue/Black

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Posts: 1820
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Verona, WI

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Challenges for pokemon (all versions)

Post by Your Local Hooker on Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Very relevant


Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

Posts: 1240
Join date: 2009-07-06
Age: 23
Location: Hillsdale MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum