Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dark Heresy Missions

Post by CharlotteC on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Anthony - Grenith Revisited Wink

Oh, this reminds me: people should look through the Dark Heresy core rulebook, the Inquisitor's Handbook, and the Radical's Handbook for alternative equipment and class upgrades if they're interested. E.g., Gwydion is going to become a Tyrantine Shadow Agent soon, and both of my classes make extensive use of alternative upgrades and weapons.

If you don't feel like doing the looking yourself, you can tell me some things that you're interested in obtaining (either gear-wise or career-wise) and I can give you your options.

By the way, Remia is a staunch Xanthite (big surprise, I know), so I wouldn't worry too much about the more radical options available to you in terms of ticking off your Inquisitor. I can't speak for other Imperial authorities, though.... Wink

A few other clean-up notes: everyone should have 2000 XP, Rank 4 of their respective career paths, and an income 30% higher than their base (this amount is in the core book and differs slightly from what I've been using). Also, it is physically impossible for you to use the Astartes boltguns; mere humans are limited to the bolters listed in the rulebook.

CharlotteC
GM
GM

View user profile http://gigamalon.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Local Hooker on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:50 am

ok that sounds great

lets see i can become some zany assassin i think but is that advisable since my stats say otherwise?

perhaps that agent as i recall from my quick readthru that everyone can become one

Your Local Hooker
Transcendant
Transcendant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlotteC on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Let's see....

You are currently at Rank 4, a Secluse.

You can trade the Secluse rank for the Sin Eater rank, which makes you a follower of the Oblationists. You'll take on the sins of others in order to save them.

Alternatively, you can trade your Secluse rank for the Metallican Gunslinger rank, which gives you options for becoming a much better pistol fighter (including dual-wielding them) at the expense of losing proficiency in other types of guns.

At Rank 5, you will become an Assassin by default. Alternatively, you can become a Tyrantine Shadow Agent, like Gwydion.

Another alternative is to become a Maltek Stalker, which is a highly mechanically-augmented assassin who works for the Phaeonites.

For 1000 thrones, you can become a Malfian Bloodsworn instead, an assassin who takes contracts from the noble Malfi family.

At Rank 6, you have to choose between a Death Adept and a Freeblade. The former path makes you into more of a direct fighter (Rank 8 in that path gives you the Deflect Shot ability of previous note to you all), while the latter is more about being a charismatic assassin.

Alternatively, you gain the option to become a Warp Dabbler (although you still have to pick one of the above two paths to follow when you move to Rank 7). This will increase your Psy Rating to 2 and give you some new sorcery abilities, in exchange for massive corruption.

All of these alternative rank advances can be taken at later ranks as well.

Finally, there are two Elite Advances available to everyone, which involve them becoming a Sworn Radical (Istvaanian, Xanthite, Recongregator, Oblationist, Libricar, Phaeonite, Ocularian, Seculous Attendous, Tenebrae Collegium, Xenos Hybris, or Polypsykana). A different Elite Advance, the Mark of the Phaeonite, is also available, but only if you somehow worm your way into the trust of a Phaeonite Inquisitor.

Do remember that you can't have conflicting allegiances. If you become a Sin Eater, you can't take any non-Oblationist alternatives. If you become a Maltek Stalker, you can't take any non-Phaeonite advances. Et cetera....

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by SCV2400 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Wait so the bolt guns and the bolt pistols are useless to us Sad
So can we just sell them then since they are?
Also if we become the extra rank option can we not advance further in the other ranks? Also can we choose when we become that rank like in the case of the Mechanicus Secuter(from the Inquisitor's handbook)? And is there any really cool ranks in the Radical Handbook for a tech-priest

SCV2400
Heroic
Heroic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlotteC on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:48 pm

The extra rank replaces one of the ranks normally available to you (you can still take the normal ranks later on, but purchasing prerequisites you might have missed from before costs 50% more XP). You can also take the alternatives as replacements for a later rank, instead.

Tech-Priests can become:
Bonded Emissary (Rank 4)
Mechanicus Sectutor (Rank 4)
Heretek Savant (Rank 6) (requires WP 35 and one Forbidden Lore skill; makes you an outcast from the Mechanicus if discovered)

CharlotteC
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top